Monday, April 11, 2011

Christopher Martin 1/13/92 - 04/02/11


Chis Martin was/is my nephew. To this day I still remember the day he was born and unfortunately I will always remember the day he died. He was an amazing person. Full of life in every way you can imagine. When it came to sport there wasn't anything that he couldn't do! Baseball, Football, Basketball were the sports he loved and strived to be amazing at. Not to mention ROTC.
But none of this matters now. It is all his legacy!
Chris was more then my nephew, He was my friend & and in a way my little brother. Being the youngest of four kids I loved when I became an uncle! I remember looking down into the sweet face on the day he was born thinking to myself that now their was some one that will look up to me and I better live accordingly. Now for a seventeen year old thats not easy but I did try and I always tried to be there to be with him when I could. I'd visit him at daycare(which blew up in my face cause I didn't tell my sister, his mom, that I was going to) but he loved it!
After they moved to Georgia for my sisters work I remember one year I met them at the air port and Chris and I rode back to Bonham Tx jsut me and him! It was the best 1 1/2 hour drive of my life which ended with me offroading to his delight in the empty lot across from my parents house!
The day I found out Chris passed I was at a photography seminar in down town Atlanta. I have never felt so out of control in my life. My whole world seemed to fall away when I heard the words that he was in an accident and he didn't make it! I honestly asked my wife(who was the one to tell me) if she was fucking with me. My heart shattered into a million pieces!
I look at the picture at the begining of this post(which was taken a few days before he died) and It makes me feel that he was looking to the future and the hopefullness of what it holds.
Chris Like so many other kids got in with a bad group and like always bad things happen. But I'm not going into that cause that was never Chris and That is not what I want to remember. You might be wondering if that wasn't chris what was. Well let me tell you. The first time he met his step cousin he was all about her! He took her and showed her how to shoot baskets and played PS3 with her and if his friends didn't like it they could go home. that made me so proud of him! Even through the bad stretch he was still the big hearted loveing person that I always knew and love!
...To Be Continued...

3 comments:

Candy said...

The beginnings of a beautiful tribute! I'm sure Chris is still idolizing you, even if it's from above. I know that you have been through this before; too many times unfortunately, so I know you will make it through, but I still think of you every day. You know I'm just a phone call away. What are sisters for?????

Deena said...

Madeline's favorite memory of Chris is him taking off on the riding lawn mower with Mads on the back and riding around with her...and then getting in trouble. :) That was a good day!

Madeline said...

Yes, my faroite moment definetly was the lawnmower day. It was fun, even if he got in trouble :)